This is a small checklist for improved pension. You may be eligible for pension, which is based on the veteran and spouse’s income and medical expenses. Please bring in the following documentation for both veteran and spouse to file a claim for benefits.
- Social Security Income Statements.
- Pension Income Statements.
- Interest statements for any IRA, Stocks & Bonds or CD’s. Generally a 1099R is issued for these once a year.
- A current bank statement for all checking and savings accounts.
- Direct deposit information – routing number and account number, or a voided blank check.
- Any other income statements that pay you monthly or annual income.
- Any Supplemental Health Insurance or Health Care Insurance where you pay a premium. Must provide where you pay the premium.
- Copies of your marriage certificate, divorce decrees, and death certificates.
If you have any questions about any of the items mentioned above, please call one of the service officers listed by clicking here. Some of these items may not apply to you or your spouse, and are listed only to help you prepare to file a claim for improved pension.